Monday, April 26, 2010

Time to revamp...

the diet and exercise.

Last week the mister and I started following the Max-OT training.
♡♡♡Love it♡♡♡
It's a 12 week plan that gets you back to the basics. Basically forget everything you know about weight lifting because you're doing it wrong. Now start over and learn it the right way. Like I said, it's a 12 week program and you do 5 days a week, working a different body part each day. Week one was awesome and I can't wait to see what week two brings. If you're interested in weight training you should check it out.

Now for my "diet" which really isn't a diet, but more of a meal plan. I've decided I need something more structured than just eating when I want and *trying* to count calories.

Starting today my daily menu will be an idea from Chris Aceto

Days 1-5: Low carb days
Meal 1: 44.5 grams of oatmeal, 72 grams of Gaspari Nutrition Myo Fusion Vanilla flavored Whey Protein, and 1 hard boiled egg white
Meal 2: 2 packages no-drain tuna, and 5 hard boiled egg whites
Meal 3: 7.75 ounces grilled chicken breast with fiberous green vegetable
Meal 4: 7.5 ounces grilled round steak with fiberous green vegetable
Post workout meal 1: 72 grams of Gaspari Nutrition Myo Fusion Vanilla flavored Whey Protein with 16 ounces of water
Post workout meal 2: 30 grams of carbs and 55.6 grams of protein
Meal 7: 1% cottage cheese with flax seed oil, Stevia, and cinnamon

Day 6: High carb day I haven't done the math on portion sizes yet, but it will look something like this
Meals 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 will have 83.6 grams of carbs and 22.2 grams of protein. Meals 5 and 7 will remain the same as days 1-5.

I've also decided that my long term goal is to compete in a fitness competition. Obviously I have a looooong way to go, but I have the willpower, the desire, the support, and the knowledge (aka Mr. Tankersley) to reach my goal. Trish Warren is a great example. Check her out, that's Branch Warren's wife. As of right now I don't have a time line for this goal, as stated before I have a long way to go so I'm just going with the flow for now and we'll see where I am in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment